Thursday, May 10, 2012

GameLight - PS Vita

Official Site: http://us.playstation.com/psvita/
Source: Youtube Channel PlayStation

I'm doing my best not to talk about Diablo 3 again today (though I might tomorrow).  Yesterday, when I was out and about, I saw the PS Vita on display at a local Target.  I haven't really kept up with the Vita other than what I've seen from trailers and such.  The device is larger than the PSP in surface size but slimmer.  The d-pad and face keys are smaller and are "clicky" instead of "pushy".  I'm not really sure how I feel about those changes as it makes the button presses feel more fragile and stiff.  The shoulder keys also feel a bit more "clicky" but still retains a feeling of depression when pressing down on it.  The dual joysticks felt really nice, but I didn't really have a chance to really test them out to their full potential (such as for an FPS).  The game I tried out was Gravity Rush, and the graphics display really is quite a spectacle.  I'm not exactly happy with the PS Vita's design as it doesn't seem to be very comfortable on the hands after a while of playing.  I do like how the screen is larger and how there's two joysticks now.  The only other problem is that there aren't that many games I'd really want for it other than the portable versions of games I already have (BlazBlue, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3).  It'll be a while before I pick a PS Vita up as even with the Nintendo 3DS I'm still waiting for some special games to be available for it.  On the other hand, the NDS and PSP still has quite a library of games I still haven't played yet.  Sony's PS Vita system is now available for $250 for Wi-Fi only and $300 for 3G network.

No comments:

Post a Comment